A lot of plugs


Guide for the traveller with plugs

Ok, you are in Hong Kong, you use power plugs/outlets similar to the following picture(s):

Hong Kong' Plug Type G Hong Kong' Plug Type D Hong Kong' Plug Type M
Plug Type G Plug Type D Plug Type M
Hong Kong' Outlet Type G Hong Kong' Outlet Type D Hong Kong' Outlet Type M
Outlet Type G Outlet Type D Outlet Type M

Voltage used in Hong Kong is 220V and the electrical frequency is 50Hz.
(more details after you choose where you are going.)

(If this is not correct, perhaps your plugs are from another country's system. You can start again choosing another country of origin.)

Considerations for Hong Kong

It is likely you will only find plugs-type "G" in Hong Kong. Plug types "D" and "M" are considered very old and they are not common. We keep the old-plugs in our database as we don't know your exact destination. As a rule of thumb, you will probably be fine with the type "G" in hotels.

Light Trail

Light Trail

Select your destination country for a detailed report of adapters, plugs and handling advise for electronics abroad.

The Last Question

Where are you travelling to? Choose your country destination so we can tell all you need to know for your travel.

Popular destinations from Hong Kong

☆ If you find this article useful, help us by sharing it on social media,
↬ a link from your website helps too.